When I started out with Darren, I was at a 90 kg. My goal was to reach 77-79 kg in four weeks. My main focus for this target weight is to join the British Army, which required me to be at that weight and so I was determined and serious as ever to loose around 11 more kg.
When I started out, I was active at the gym but I did not know how to
do many difficult exercises that is required of me. Darren made it all
possible for me, since he had the experience. Some of these exercises
were very painful yet I managed to get through; lifting weight around
50-60 kg, press ups, biceps, working my triceps, gluteal and many
others. Specific exercises were scheduled and the day when I had leg day
was the worst, not that I hated it but it was the day when I had to use
my legs to burn calories and it hurt but at the end of the day I could
see results. Other days I would lift weights to build core muscles, my
biceps and triceps, and other days would include Spartan workout, where
we would actually do the exercises that the same men in the Spartan
movie would do. I am telling you; the first day I did that exercise, was
very painful I could not walk for the next day but mange to recover on
day 2. Playing squash was another day, and this for me was the most
exciting day ever, the only negative to this day, which turned out
positive in the end was doing various exercises when I lost the games we
played; exercises like suicide burpees, mountain climbers and many
others. This was fun for me, because we communicated and understand each
other and he is a very good trainer.
Running on the treadmill was another eye opener, bringing the gradient on the machine to level 10 at a speed of between 5.0 and 6.5 for 20 mins, that was really sweaty and I could feel my legs burning.
Before we went ahead and train he set up a program for me and after week 1, giving my body a shock I struggled and manage to have lost around 2-4 kg. I also got 2 diet planned out for me but I chose the crash diet because I wanted to lose weight fast which I followed but honestly, the most difficult time on this diet was on the protein day which was over the weekend, it was very rough not to dive into the chicken and many other food that was prepared at the barbecues I went to. I never gave up and try to control it a bit better in the weeks ahead.
My result at the end of 4wks, is the best result I could only ever imagined. When I actually took pictures of my new lovely body, I couldn’t believe; it was surprising, I knew I was losing weight but I did not really know how I really looked until I saw myself on pictures.
Darren Mason maybe one of the best but to me, he is pleasant, always smiling, makes the exercise looked real easy and he is indeed the best thing that ever happened to me because he has helped me to achieve a great and sexy body, he has motivated me to lift weights I would not do on my own, we had fun playing squash together and most of all he helped me to achieve my goals I desired in the 4 weeks I had. I just want to say thanks very much Darren, my sessions with you have helped me to achieve a lot and I recommend anyone to use your services because you are an inspiration, a motivator, a fighter and a successor towards helping me achieve the results I desired and more importantly gain a healthier lifestyle.
I often recommend Darren’s services and I look forward to working with him for a long time to come.
I had fallen into bad habits and allowed myself to become unfit and overweight. I don’t like gyms as I get easily bored and needed something different to inspire me. Darren’s approach is just that – inspirational! He works very hard to plan interesting sessions aimed at what you individually need.
He has a great personality with just the right balance brought to every session to make it fun but also hard work. After just a few months I have never felt more fit and every day I get lovely comments from people about how great I look. I feel very lucky that I found Darren and would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a PT.
Good news, your search for a personal trainer is over. Darren Mason offers
everything you need to motivate, educate and support you in reaching your
Darren is highly qualified and shares his expertise during enjoyable,
challenging sessions which always left me with an empowering feeling of
achievement . Every session was different to the last, fun, tough and using
specialist equipment not seen by the usual gym member.
Darren has a very positive and encouraging style which alongside his expertise and naturally pleasant nature, make him an exceptional trainer. I unreservedly recommend him as such.
Oh by the way, Darren himself was carved by angels!
- Every session is different - huge variety, I never know what to expect! He keeps it interesting by varying equipment (which he brings), mixing cardio with stretching and weights and boxing and resistance training .... the list goes on. It's never boring or repetitive.
- Darren is adaptable, so we work in the garden if it's sunny, in the house if it's not, sometimes we go out in the park. Once I even found myself running backwards up a hill along a narrow lane in a harness pulling Darren in my wake, praying no cars would come ...!
- He has pushed me to do things I never thought possible, but always stretches me just beyond where I have been before. He has the knack of knowing where my limits are, and taking me just past them. He is sympathetic and funny when I text him saying I can't walk the next day, but still works me hard the next session, just focussing on a different muscle group - ouch.
- Darren has carefully built up my bad knee - I could do very little with it at the start, now it's as strong as the other, though I still can't bend it fully. He is really knowledgeable about what will work, and endlessly patient when I can't do stuff, helping get through barriers, with a bit of a pull or shove when needed, physically as well as metaphorically!
- He has enouraged me in my weight loss, and rejoiced with me when the periodic fat pinching and measuring sessions show shrinkage. Even though I am not a skinny athlete, he never puts me down and always makes me feel great about the effort I'm putting in, even if I fall far short of what I imagine some of his other sporty clients must accomplish.
- He is really flexible about time slots, which works brilliantly with my random work schedule. Having a PT at home is such a great way to fit exercise in to a full life. He is 100% reliable and never late.
- When he thought my knee was strong enough to run again, he came with me and gave me the courage to try, just a bit at a time. Now I run between PT sessions, and text him for affirmation when I've done a Parkrun PB - he seems to genuinely care and is a great encourager.
- When I am exhausted at the end of a particularly tough session, and couldn't lift another thing because my arms are about to drop off and I can't even bend over to pick my weights up, he puts them away - very kind.
- However, he still makes me do more squats with weights In one hour than a sensible human being should ever contemplate, and somehow gets away with it ....